Thursday, July 18, 2013

I'm back for a second round!

Hello all! Megan here and I am thrilled to have the opportunity to serve a second term here on the MS Design Team!

Now, a little about me for those that don't know it all yet...

My name is Megan and I live in Portland, Oregon with my husband Andrew and 19-month-old toddler, Liam. We moved here from my home state of Ohio back in 2008 and have truly fallen in love with the Pacific Northwest. This past spring, we decided it was time to get another dog (our first dog passed away in 2011). So, we added a Golden Retriever puppy to our family; her name is Scout. Before getting the best job ever – being a stay-at-home-mom – I worked for a private dental practice as an office manager. I am an avid scrapper and have been scrapping in one form or another since high school. I turned to scrapping because I had so many pictures lying around as photography was my first artful passion and I wanted to do more with them than just shove them into basic photo albums. Besides scrapping and photography, I enjoy hiking, skiing, cycling, camping, eating lots of good local, fresh food, and listening to music and NPR. I hope I am able to continue to inspire you in the months to come and also be inspired by you in return!

This month I had the pleasure of working with Authentique for the very first time as I was sent their Pride collection. Authentique tends to skew to a vintage style, which isn't usually me, but I really had a good time challenging myself with this atypical-for-me collection. I not only used it for a Fourth of July layout but for a couple patriotic-themed layouts and a congratulations card. If you haven't had a chance to check out this collection yet for yourself, you can find it here in the Memorable Seasons store!

And here's just one project I created with my kit...

I hope you'll stop by the forum to see my scrap space and also more projects I created with my kit as well as read about a fun challenge!

1 comment:

VAWM said...

Great LO Megan! Miss seeing you!