Thursday, June 6, 2013

Carol's Appetizer Throwdown - Week 1

LET'S GET THIS THROWDOWN STARTED!!!

To get you started and in the Throwdown spirit, we're starting with an appetizer. What that means is that you are making a smaller project! Make a card, a tag, a bookmark, something small! I decided to make a wall hanging. It's hanging on an armoire handle in my family room!

Grilled Potatoes

Image

(1) I love a cute crinkle cut! Dust off that paper crimper! I want to see crinkles! If you don't have one, feel free to use fabulous corrugated paper! Or cardboard! Or accordion fold back and forth and make your own crinkles! I would even consider scrunched ribbon to be a little crinkly! ;)

(2) I love the cup of ketchup in the photo, so add a splash of bold COLOR!

(3) Potatoes are pale in color wrapped around a darker color outside color! Interpret that any way you wish!

Here's my example:

Image

(1) Crinkle cut = cardboard backing
(2) BOLD color = flowers, colorful collection
(3) Pale in color wrapped around a darker color = pale background on top of kraft cardboard

I used my AMAZING June DT kit which features Simple Stories Urban Traveler! Love this collection!

Create a NEW project for this Appetizer Throwdown!
Upload it to the gallery and link it back to the forum!
Entries are due by Wednesday, June 12th!


HAVE FUN!!!

No comments: