Monday, April 6, 2009

in*SPRING*ration

So many of my LOs are inspired by the colors of the seasons. I love when Spring comes around because that means that all of the new soft Spring colors will be popping up from products showcased at Winter CHA.


I am fortunate enough to live so close to the DC area and I love to see the Cherry Blossoms bloom this time of year. My parents and I took my oldest son to a concert at the Kennedy Center this past weekend and the drive downtown was spectacular! The trees were in full bloom and it was a gorgeous, sunny day. Of course, I have ZERO pictures from the drive or of the trees! But when I got home I made sure to take a picture of the view down my street. It is so sad that the blossoms only last a few days each year - they make the neighborhood come to life!


The colors of the Cherry Blossom trees inspired this LO. I love dark brown, green, and pink together - it has always been one of my favorite color combos! In fact, the twins' room is even decorated in these colors.


My challenge to you - create a piece inspired by the season - whether it be the colors, the holidays, the weather - anything inspired by Spring. Post it in the gallery and in the DT Challenge Forum - and don't forget to tell us about your seasonal inspiration! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Great Post and Challenge...I always love the way you use ribbon in your LO's!

Lindsay said...

Thanks so much Jill! You are too sweet! :)