Tuesday, March 24, 2009

sketches, sketches, sketches

I am a sketch-a-holic. Sketches are a wonderful source of inspiration that are readily available. Over the last several years I have found so many different and wonderful sites that offer great sketches. Some give you a very basic outline of a layout or card just to jumpstart your creativity, while others give you a very detailed plan. The great part about sketches is that there is no set of rules. You can take one element from a sketch or use the entire thing. You can turn it upside down, you can transform a 12x12 sketch to fit 8 1/2 x 11 or even a card.

I recently made this layout using a sketch from Triple the Sketch, owned by my friend Patter Cross. This is one of my favorite sketch sites. They give you a "bare bones" type of sketch for a starting point. I used sketch #9.


I chose to keep it very simple and I stuck pretty closely to the original sketch, just changing a bit of the placement of elements.

Here is a list of some of my favorite and well visited sketch sites.....I hope that you can find the inspiration that I have from them.

Triple the Sketch
Sketch This
Page Maps
52 Sketches 52 weeks
4x6 Photo Sketch Blog
My Sketch World
Lotus Paperie (sketches and other challenges)
Prima - Build a Page

Enjoy!!

4 comments:

VAWM said...

Jen, that is a fabulous LO. Great inspiration from the sketch!

Lindsay said...

Jen, I love your LO - great BLOG post too! I am a shetchaholic as well and love all of those sites!

Dettao said...

I also love sketches. Some of those are new to me. I will be checking them out.

Sherry's Creations said...

JILL. you need to respond to my emails as soon as possible.. you sent me an invoice and have CHARGED me for products I did not order.