Friday, March 6, 2009

Scraplifting

We all do it, don't we? Whether perusing a scrap magazine, surfing galleries on the internet, or seeing a friend's amazing LO at a crop. I'll bet at some point each of us has scraplifted someone's work. I myself, do it all of the time. I am so inspired by the fabulous talent in the scrapbooking world. Every time I scraplift, I file new ideas in my head and use them to create my own unique pieces later on. I think scrapligfting is the ultimate compliment you can pay another scrapper - you like their creation enough to make it again. What could be more flattering than that?

When I saw this LO of Jen's, I immediately fell in love with the simple design of it. It drew my eye instantly and I knew I wanted to somehow copy this. I love the way she positioned the title, I love how the stitching and patterned paper create a double border that frames the LO. I love the simplicity of the few patterned papers she used. And I love the bright colors she chose. When I look at this LO, Jen's choices direct me to focus on two major things - the design and the photos.
Here is my take on Jen's LO. I substituted journaling for the flowers. I kept the design simple using only 2 different patterned papers - I used both sides of one. I really wanted to copy the double border and the position of the title. I love how it turned out and it was so quick to create because I had my inspirational piece right in front of me! Thanks, Jen!

So, I challenge YOU! Find that LO that someone else created that you love, the one you keep going back to. Scraplift it and make it your own. Upload both images into the DT Challenge Forum to share with the rest of us. I cannot wait to see what you come up with!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Love your LO Lindsay....great job on the post!