Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Megan's Hand Stitching challenge

My challenge for this week is to hand stitch on your layout. I have done the basic straight stitching before but this was the first time I tried the blanket stitch and I'm in LOVE!! For the challenge, you can use any type of stitch, but I wanted to try something new.

Here's my sample layout:


And here's how to create this stitch:


On my layout, I didn't put the blanket stitching just along the edges...I actually cut into my paper with an exacto knife to make a straight edge in the middle of my paper so the continuous line of thread would be more visible. Above the cut line, I punched holes to create the little points of the blanket stitch.

And if you just want to do it along the edge of your page, here's a sample of that look:

I can't wait to see how you use hand stitching on your next project!

No comments: