Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Using tags on your layout

I have a big supply of tags in my stash. Most of them came from the office supply store. They come in different sizes and in both white and manilla colors. Here is a link to Office Depot that shows a variety of the kind of tags I use most. They are inexpensive and come with several to a package. I like to dress them up. I use them on layouts. I make bookmarks out of them. I also make gift tags from them. They are fun additions to a gift bag, too. Here is one I added to a gift bag and one that is meant to be a bookmark.


This one that I made this past week that will probably end up on a gift bag or even a layout.

They are a great way to use up scraps and help fuel that creative urge you feel every once in a while but don't have time for a full layout. There are also many varieties of premade tags available to use for your projects. Just about any paper collection usually comes with assorted die cuts to match. Most of the time, those die cuts include at least a couple of tags.


I created the tags on this layout for the challenge this week using stamps. I wanted to create a stamped background on my tags but the ink I have to match these papers was too dark. To correct that, I inked the stamp, stamped a scrap piece of paper and then stamped my tag. There was enough ink left on the stamp to make a light impression and keep the background light enough for me to add my journaling.  I also inked the edges to make them stand out against the yellow background paper.

The final page using the stamps

Your challenge this week is to use tags on your layout.

No comments: