Sunday, January 18, 2009

Homemade lillipop flowers

Do you like the look of the Prima lollipop flowers? There are several versions of them popping up in magazine layouts and in lots of on-line galleries. They are very simple to make. I made this version on the following layout. The version I did has imperfect circles. If you prefer perfectly round circles, you could use graduated sizes of punches. I cut 5 squares of three different patterns, each about a 1/4 smaller than the next one.
Then, I just cut circles out the square by just rounding off the corners.

Stack them on top of each other and trim a few of them if there is not enough difference between one layer and another.
I wanted mine to look distressed. I don't own one of those fancy distresser tools, so I scraped the edges with a pair of scissors to get the look I wanted.
I inked the edges.
Then I crumbled them up in my hand and worked on the edges to make them wrinkly looking.
Stack them together how you want them to look.
I used my piercing tool to put a hole through all the layers.
and put a brad through it. You could make these using fewer layers or with larger brads. You could glue the layers together and add a jewel or a button. There are lots of possibilities. The challenge for this week is to show me your version of a layered flower on a layout. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Upload them to the Memorable Seasons gallery and link them to this thread.

No comments: