Thursday, October 17, 2013

Mix and Mat Card Challenge- Alissa

It's Card Month here at Memorable Seasons and we have lots of challenges to inspire your cardmaking finesse!

All papers and embellishments are from Persimmon by Basic Grey. I followed a sketch from My Favorite Things. The stamp is from Inkadinkado and colored with Loew-Cornell pencils.

I love to mix up my mat colors. On this card, I mixed orange, light blue and dark blue. Your challenge is to mix up your mat colors for your card!


Coloring with Loew-Cornell pencils.
I started on her skin with this dark peach color. I like to lay down the lightest colors first.

Heavier color in shaded areas, some peach and some light brown.

Added a rosy pink to her cheeks. The brown pencil in the photo is what I used on her skin.

Light blue on her outfit.

A bit of dark blue.

A wee bit of ultramarine.

I continued on with this same process throughout the stamp.

Give it a try with any pencils you have!

Thanks for stopping by!





1 comment:

Unknown said...

ohhh, another fun challenge, Alissa! And, I'd have to say that layering your mat with different colors had to be easy with these awesome BG Persimmon papers! I really love how you notched the navy ... and that stamp ... it's so YOU!!!