Saturday, October 12, 2013

Cutting Corners Card Challenge- Alissa

It's Card Month here at Memorable Seasons and we have lots of challenges to inspire your cardmaking finesse!

All papers and embellishments are from Persimmon by Basic Grey. My cards often feature hand stamping and coloring, layers, machine stitching, and handmade embellishments. Sometimes... "ain't nobody got time fo' dat." hehe. This card features my favorite ways to cut corners. I kept my beloved layers and mixed up my mat colors. I didn't hand stamp anything and I used a cardstock sticker as my sentiment piece. Instead of machine stitching, I drew definitive borders with a Micron pen. The squirrel is a chipboard piece and it is propped up with foam dots for dimension. Instead of Spellbinders dies, I accented my squirrel with a chipboard circle.

Your challenge is to choose at least one of the following ways to "cut corners": pen instead of stitching,  premade shapes instead of dies, stickers instead of stamping.

This card was sooo easy to make! It still turned out cute enough to give away :)

Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just love your layering on this card, Alissa! And, I love the challenge, too! It's a fun reminder that pre-made shapes and stickers can all come together to make a wonderful card! I'm soooo going to do this one!