Friday, March 1, 2013

Last Scrapper Standing #4 - Just My Type!

Hello everyone! Megan here to issue you this week's Last Scrapper Standing challenge!

Letters, Fonts and Words...Oh My! Wherever you turn nowadays, typography seems to be front and center as "art." Subway art, chalkboard art...it's everywhere. And with so many cool fonts out there, why shouldn't it be?

So here's this week's challenge - create a layout in which typography is front and center. Meaning, the typography must be a major design element on your page.

Here's my example I created using my February Fancy Pants Love Note kit. I decided to go with the card featuring the alphabet that has "I {HEART} U" embedded in it. The alphabet serves as the big design feature on my page next to my photo and also the "I {HEART} U" serves as the title of my page.

And then I thought I'd also remind you of this layout I created for my two-page sketch tutorial back in December. On this layout, I used a variety of different alphas and embellished each word for creative title treatment; when I say “embellished” I mean that used brown Thickers for the word “brown”, covered the word “paper” with mulberry paper, put a package sticker behind the word “package”, etc.

I am so excited to see what you all create! Hopefully, you'll be able to find that right font, word or letter that screams to you, "That's just my type!"

To enter this challenge, please...
  • Upload your NEW layout to the gallery and link it back to the Challenge #4 thread in the Last Scrapper Standing forum.
  • Have your layout posted by 03/06/13 at 11:59PM your local time.

No comments: