Friday, May 25, 2012

Hi everyone..Joni here... just sharing some things that are going on at the Message Board and Store..

We're almost done wrapping up May...can you believe that?

So my challenge yesterday was to "get messy"...

There was a fun blog post last month over at Cosmo Cricket...
It had a few of our DT layouts and also an idea on how to iron tissue paper (a dress pattern) to patterned paper. See the Cosmo Blog post here:
So...I decided to try that since I wasn't really digging the pattern on this paper and so I wanted "less" of it and thought I'd cover some of it up using this technique.... It didn't turn out so well? But then I decided to grunge it up and make it work...I just got a little messy!! So that's my challenge .. get messy...!!
I used my DT kit featuring Jillibean Soup Neopolitan Bean Bisque:
and I also added the dress pattern, doily, corrugated cardboard and burlap from my stash: (and the paint).
This layout is about my son's bruises after a very physical basketball game. He's always on the floor being physical, but these are the worst bruises he's gotten...and these photos were about 2-3 days after the game. And he's crying cuz I was taking his pic and the sun was in his eyes...not cuz of the bruises, although it does kinda help "set the mood", huh?
And...coming up in June... our annual LAST SCRAPPER STANDING contest...
The details aren't posted quite yet, but watch for them...SOON!!

And in the store...
Some new Preorder items -- Jillibean and Little Yellow Bicycle!!
And now IN STOCK ... Crate, Maya Road, Simple Stories!!




No comments: