Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Megan's DT challenge: Cook it from scratch

In honor of our upcoming Scrapbook Throwdown in February, I wanted to issue my challenge for this week: to cook up some embellishments from scratch and add them in 3 places on your layout. :)

Image
On this layout, I used some plain square canvas stickers that I stamped the orange rays onto. Then I edged the sticker with some green ink and layered my stickers on top.I used the same technique to create the title block, the journaling block (with vellum over the canvas so I could write on it), and the accent block. I also customized my stickers for the word country: they were plain white cardstock, and I added some woodgrain stamping to them and coated them with two colors of ink (green and brown) to spice up the colors a little more.

Here's some detail photos of my layout:
Image
Image
Image

Can't wait to see what you all cook up!

No comments: