Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Challenges, Challenges, and more Challenges!

If you ever have needed some good challenges to get you going, NOW is the time to be on the boards with us at Memorable Seasons! We just came off our first Online Crop Weekend where there were 12 creative and inspiring challenges presented by the Design Team with a theme of Numbers and Months of the year. But do not fear that you have missed out! These challenges do not have a deadline until Sunday, the 16th at midnight! So you still have time! Check out the challenges here: Master Challenge List

Also, our weekly challenges by the Design Team are still going on. These challenges are due by January 31st. For every challenge you participate in, your name gets thrown into the random drawing for a Gift Certificate to the Store! Today, I issued the one for this week. Here it is:

Since we are coming off of our Number Crop weekend, I wanted to stay on the same lines. Do you remember the fabulous challenge blog of a few years ago, One Little Word? They issued challenges in which you were given a specific word and had to use it in your title. It was such a great way to inspire layouts that you might not have thought of before. Ali Edwards also has a project in which she picks one word and then uses as her inspiration for the entire new year. My challenge to you is to pick a word for yourself. Think about this for a while. You may even want to check out Ali's list of words on her blog if you need some ideas. Then create a layout using that ONE LITTLE WORD as your main title. You are allowed to use a subtitle if you wish.

For my layout, I chose the word "Roll". I know, not a very profound word, but it is a great word to describe the way I want the 2011 year to be for me. I want to be able to "roll" with the punches that life throws at us. I want to be able to "roll" through each day in a way that I teach my kids what they need to know to be moral and caring citizens of this country. I want to better let some things "roll" off my back, some things that just aren't worth worrying about. So that's a few of my reasons for choosing the word, Roll. Now I let my layout take on a more relaxed and fun sense of the word, since the picture is of my kids with their Alabama shirts on and we cheer Roll Tide! So it's ok to have fun with your word as I did here:

Image

Or you may want to take on a more serious approach with your word. I can't wait to see what word you all choose and what layouts you create!

1 comment:

BethW said...

Love love the new look! Everyone involved did an awesome job!