Tuesday, August 18, 2009

In Stitches

Lately I have been adding something new to my layouts...stitching. I don't own a sewing machine so I have been doing it by hand. I begin by drawing a design lightly with pencil and then I use a push pin and a foam mat to poke the holes first. If I am stitching a straight line I will use a ruler and poke the holes every 1/4 of an inch. It's a very simple technique and can add something new to your layouts. Here is my example. I stitched the zig zag border at the bottom and also a straight line at the top above the row of pictures.



This is our design team challenge this week. If you would like to participate visit our forum and link your layout to the Memorable Seasons gallery. Once a month a winner is chosen by a random drawing. Good luck!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I love the background paper with this theme. I fits so well, and I love how it provides the overall frame, great lo!