Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Megan's DT challenge: Making Your List and Checking it Twice

If you are anything like me, you like to make lists to keep everything organized. With Christmas coming up next week, I've been checking my list several times a day so I don't forget anything that needed to be done.

One of the items on my list was to put together some teacher gifts. Between both of my kids, I have 13 teacher gifts to prepare. That could quickly get pretty pricey, so I came up with a fun idea that also helps to quickly cross the teacher gifts off my list!
 I am giving the teachers a decorated brown gift bag filled with a dinner that is quick and easy to fix: spaghetti noodles, spaghetti sauce, green beans and a package of brownie mix. All they need to do is add bread and meat to the sauce and they will have an instant meal ready for their family. Because, let's face it, our schedules get busy during this season, and who doesn't like an easy meal you didn't have to plan out? :)

I included the brownie mix directions and a card that explains the purpose behind the gift:
"This time of the year is always so busy,
and we wanted to bless you with a dinner that’s easy
so you can spend more time with your family.
Thanks for all you do and enjoy!"

My challenge for you this week is to create a customized gift for someone on your list. It can be store bought and decorated with a card to match, or you can do a hybrid gift...partly store-bought, partly homemade. Just remember to keep it easy so you have more time to mark off other things on your to-do list! :)

2 comments:

Cook Scrap Craft said...

I love it! My husband is a teacher and I know that this is something he would definitely appreciate! When I was a kid, I used to give my teachers gift certificates to the movies so they could have a fun night out on Christmas break.

Unknown said...

What a great gift idea! So thoughtful and pretty too!