Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Homespun Challenge!

I LOVE Homespun Type elements on a LO! I have never been a simple girl - details and intricacies have always been a part of my life! I find it very challenging to complete a simple LO with few embellies. I also love items made by hand. I could (and have!) spend all day browsing through ETSY!

For my challenge to you this week, you must use a combination of 4 specific elements:
1. Die Cut Paper (can be purchased or homemade - I often trace a shape on a piece of patterned paper) - this can be a bracket (traditional die cut shape), a circle, a scalloped circle, or a scalloped square/rectangle!
2. Stitching (machine or by hand) or doodling!
3. Ribbon or trim! (you KNOW they're my fave)
4. Buttons or brads - or BOTH!

For this LO, I hand stitched a zigzag pattern on the circle, created my own BLING flourishes with Kaiser Pearls (my new FAVE BLING!), tied a knot with ribbon, used ribbons and brads, and used a store bought traditional die cut and cut my own circle out of patterned paper.

No comments: