Tuesday, August 23, 2011

This Week's Design Team Challenge

Hello ladies! I'm here with this week's challenge. I recently had a wonderful opportunity to go and spend some time in Hawaii on the island Oahu. It is so beautiful and peaceful there...I loved it! So with that amazing island still on my mind, I thought it would be fun to use it as inspiration for this week's challenge. When you think of Hawaii there are 3 main things we think of:
Surf, Sand, and Sun. So with that in mind, here is you challenge:
1. Surf: Use aqua as the main background color of your layout
2. Sand: Use kraft somewhere on your layout. It can be as cardstock like I did or as cardboard, as alphas, an accent, anything. I just want to see some kraft on your layout.
3. Sun: Add a little yellow. You can use a lot or a little, it's all up to you.
And lastly...one of my favorite things in Hawaii: flowers. They had gorgeous flowers everywhere. So
4. You need to add at least 3 different flowers on your layout.

That's it! Your photos don't have to be water/beach related, you just need to incorporate the above elements. Here is my layout using these elements. And of course, I had to use a photo of use in Hawaii.

Now it's your turn. I look forward to seeing what you create!


No comments: