Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Make a Crocheted Flower

My grandmother taught me some basic crocheting steps years ago when I was a little girl. However, the only thing that I ever made was long "chains" of yarn. It wasn't until the other day when I was browsing this blog and found this tutorial, that I decided to give crocheting a try once again. I have always enjoyed making paper flowers for my layouts and thought that crocheted flowers would be so cute. This tutorial is awesome in helping you create these beautiful flowers. All you need to know is some of the most basic crochet steps. Once I got started, all that my grandmother taught me came flooding back. It took me some time and pausing the video umpteen times, but what I was doing finally started to resemble flowers. Now I just can't stop making them! If I'm not scrapping, then I'm upstairs in bed crocheting flowers.If you have never tried to crochet, here is another place with basic beginner steps. It really isn't that hard. I hope you decide to give it a try!

1 comment:

cherry said...

Hi Telah~ My Mom has been trying to teach me to crochet now for several years....I SOOO need to do this! I love those flowers...be so cute on cards....great post.