Monday, December 7, 2009

Add some green to your holiday menu

I thought I'd take my blog post in a different direction this week. I have a recipe to share. This has become a favorite at any holiday gathering my extended family has. We call it the green stuff. Its real name is Watergate Salad. I'm not sure where it got that weird name but that is what it is called. I've also heard it called Pistachio Salad. I always double this and it always gets completely eaten by the end of the day. The original recipe called for chopped walnuts. I use almonds. I like them better, personally. No one has complained, yet so I guess everyone else thinks it is okay, too.

Watergate Salad
1 package (4-serving size) Jell-O Pistachio Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
1 cup miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup slivered almonds
2 cups thawed Cool Whip Topping
Stir the pudding mix, pineapple with juice, marshmallows and nuts in large bowl until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping. Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve. Garnish as desired.
Makes 8 servings

3 comments:

cherry said...

YUMMMM! Will be trying this one.

~Telah said...

I've made this before but not in a long time. I've also heard it called "Green Fluff"

~Telah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.