Tuesday, December 9, 2008

"Make 'em Match" Lettering...

Hello all! Last week as I sat down to work on my December Daily Album, I realized I had a problem...
My lovely red AC felt thickers did not match my equally lovely MM Fa-La-La red polka dot paper. What is a girl to do?
You can see in the photo below how bright the Thickers are compared to the paper.

So, I grabbed my standard "make it match" tools, as seen below. I also got the little star you see for my "practice" piece.


Here is what you do...
1. Decide what shade your letters are lacking. Gather up a couple markers and ink pads to experiment with.
2.Dab ink from a stamp pad, or lightly run a marker across your practice piece.
3. Check the results against your paper or whatever you are trying to match, and choose your marker, pad, etc. accordingly.

As you can see, I liked the results from my brown ink pad best. The black marker was too dark, casting more of a grey tone. The number two is still the original color in this photo so you can compare the change the ink gave. Subtle? Yes, but to anyone who likes things "just so" it makes a difference!
The finished product!
I hope this helps you to see that just because a letter is a shade off, whether it is chipboard, felt, or a sticker, you CAN make it work! :)

Stay tuned next month for my next tip... How to make dinner when you have forgotten due to overscrapage... :)

5 comments:

Allison said...

'Overscrapage'... I love it! Great tip Jude. THat is a common problem! The overscrapage and the wrong colored letters... :)

Stacy said...

ha ha ha i always overscrapage my crockpot works overtime lol!!

Dettao said...

Great tip and I am also guilty of the overscrapage syndrome so I am looking forward to next month's tip.

Jill said...

Great tip Jude, your example is great!

Jen Martakis said...

Awesome tip Jude! I can't wait until next month! :)